Browse Items (852 total)
The Lions' Gate (Saint Mary's Gate in Arabic), in Jerusalem. In the foreground, Muslim tombs.
View of Jerusalem from the valley of Josaphat (kidron valley). In the foreground, the mosque of Dome of the Rock.
The Jaffa Gate at Jerusalem. The author believed this was the Gate of Ephraim mentioned in the Book of Nehemiah.
Drawing of the remains of the northern wall of the Acropolis of Castelli, Patmos (situated to the north of Chora of Patmos).
View of the White Tower and the eastern wall of Thessaloniki, from the Muslim cemetery, 1875.
1. Map of the area around the church of Taxiarches on Mount Hellanion, Aegina island. The temple of Zeus Hellanius was built on that same site. 2, 3. View and reconstruction of the Hellenistic wall around the temple of Zeus Hellanius, Aegina island. 4, 5. Fragments of inscriptions from Mount Hellanion. 6. Plan of the temple of Aphaia.
1-3. View, reconstruction and plan of the Cave of Heracles on Mount Cynthus, Delos island. 4-9. Architectural features of columns and part of wall surrounding the sanctuary of Zeus and Athena on Mount Cynthus, Delos.
Lion Gate, Mycenae: 1,3. Front and rear view of the Lion relief. 2. Plan. 4. Section (rear view).
1. Section of the ancient theatre of Argos. 2, 3, 4. Section of parts of the Serapeum (later Roman Thermae), Argos. 5, 6, 7. Parts of the ancient walls of Larissa acropolis, Argos.
1. Plan of part of the walls of ancient Mantineia: Gate and fortification towers. 2. Ruins of circular fortification tower. 3. Ruins of square fortification tower. 4,5,6. Section, plan and detail of the seats at the ancient theatre of Mantineia.
1. Plan of the stadium or hippodrome on Mount Lykaion, Arcadia. 2, 3. Remains of wall at the site. 4. One of the stone bassins of the cistern (rectangular room) at the northern end of the eastern side of the stadium.
1. Topographical map and plan of the acropolis of Gortyna in Arcadia. 2. Part of the fortification of the of the acropolis of Gortyna in Arcadia.
1. View of Kyparissia with the castle. 2. Map of the ancient walls around the acropolis, on the site of which the castle was built. Reconstruction of part of the wall.
Niche, inside which a herm was placed, in the interior circular space of Arcadian Gate of ancient Messene. Reconstruction, section, plan and ceiling plan.
1. The interior, circular space of the Arcadian Gate at the walls of ancient Messene, with the niche in which one of the herms stood.2. Reconstruction of the above space.
View and plan of the Arcadian Gate at the walls of ancient Messene (reconstruction).
View and plan of the horseshoe-shaped tower at the northwestern wall of ancient Messene (Tower 6).
Reconstruction of square tower at the walls of ancient Messene: Side elevation, section, ceiling plan and floor plan. Architectural features.
Top: Cave of Nestor, located at Palaiokastro, to the side of Voidokoilia beach. Topographical map of the adjacent area. Bottom: Ruins of the walls of ancient Pylos, incorporated into the fortifications of the Venetian fortress of Palaiokastro.
No featured items are available.